It's fall! That means it's time for leavings changing, crisp mornings, and fruit harvests. A coworker has been bringing her spoils from her plum tree to the office, so I thought I'd grab a few pounds and see what I could make.
Buttery Plum Dump Cake
- 1.5lbs of Italian plums, halved and pitted (I weighed them before I pitted them.)
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 4T butter
- 1 box spice cake
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Melt 4T butter and pour it into the baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over melted butter.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with single layer of halved plums, cut side down. (Mine were really tight together.)
- Pour dry cake mix evenly over plums
- Pour remaining melted butter (2 sticks worth) evenly over cake mix.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until dark brown and not runny.