Coconut, Cookie, and Caramel Stuffed Dates
- 21 pitted dates
- 7 caramels
- 1/4c coconut, toasted
- 1/4c Nilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 bar chocolate bark (about 2T melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut open pitted dates on one side, long-wise, so that they open up.
- Cut caramels into thirds, and place one cut piece of caramel into each opened date.
- Place dates caramel-side-up on cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes or just until caramel is getting melty.
- While the dates are baking, combine crushed (by food processor to a crumb) Nilla wafers and toasted coconut in a small bowl.
- Remove dates from oven, keep on cookie sheet, and evenly distribute the cookie-coconut mixture among the dates, pressing it into the melted caramel.
- Melt chocolate bark and drizzle chocolate evenly over each of the cookie-coconut-caramel stuff dates.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, then serve.
If you, like me, are wishing you had a box of girl scout cookies on hand right now, this is your next best bet. And it's all inside a date, so it's gotta be good for you... right?