With this recipe, I've turned this breakfast pastry cereal into a marshmallow treat and tripled the donut flavor by adding actual powdered donuts as well as Glazed Donut vodka. Did you know there is Glazed Donut vodka? Do you know how I know? Because that's what I use when I make vodka tonics. Judge me.
Anydonut, the recipe is below. I would tell you to "enjoy!" but you can't possibly not...
Donut Cereal Marshmallow Treats with Powered Donuts and Glazed Donut Vodka
- 6 1/2c Cap'n Crunch Sprinkled Donut Cereal
- 10.5 oz mini marshmallows
- 4T butter
- 1 oz Glazed Donut Vodka
- 12 mini powdered donuts
- Do your prep work: Grease 9x13 pan with shortening. Measure out cereal into large bowl. Coarsely chop donuts (in sixths).
- Melt butter over medium heat on stove. Add marshmallows and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir vodka into marshmallow mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir cereal and chopped donuts into marshmallow mixture until fully combined.
- Spread coated cereal into prepped pan and cool completely before cutting.
With the addition of the alcohol, the marshmallow treats don't set up as sturdily as other non-boozy variations. So make sure to really wait until they are cool, and even then, don't be discouraged if they are a little gooey.
This is like shoving a crunchy donut into your face, and it's awesome. Sprinkled Donut Crunch is a limited edition cereal, so get out there and buy it before you miss out.