Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Reese's Cupcakes

In conjunction with Hershey’s, Betty Crocker has come out with all kinds of fun new cupcake mixes, frostings, and cookie mixes. I had plans to make something with their Cookies’n’Crème frosting… but I ate it instead. Judge me. I don’t care. It was that good. So I thought I better try my hand at something with frosting that wasn’t already made. Reese’s Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake Mix seemed to fit the bill, and do you know what I discovered right next to them—Reese’s Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix! Say what? So I figured I’d put the two together to create Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Reese’s Cupcakes. Yes, please!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Stuffed Reese’s Cupcakes

Ingredients

Cookies
  • 1 box Reese’s Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
  • 3T butter, softened
  • 2T water
Cupcakes
  • 1 box Reese’s Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake Mix
  • 2/3c water
  • 1/3c oil
  • 2 eggs
Frosting
  • 1 powdered frosting packet (included in cupcake mix)
  • 2T butter
  • 1/2c powdered sugar
  • 3-4T milk
  • 1/3c peanut butter
  • SPRINKLES!
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  2. In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, butter and water until soft dough forms.
  3. Using your 2t cookie scoop, form 12 cookies and set aside. (There will be dough leftover, feel free to make the cookies as direction or toss it). 
  4. With your handy-dandy Kitchen Aid Mixer, combine cupcake mix, water, oil, and eggs—on low for 30 seconds, and then on medium for about 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
  5. Drop 1.5T of batter into each muffin cup, press a cookie into each, and then top with 2t of batter. (If there is any batter left over, feel free to make more cupcakes in another tin.
  6. Bake for 21 to 26 minutes or until cupcake springs back when lightly pressed.
  7. Meanwhile, clean and ready your electric mixer, and in that, combine all the ingredients for the frosting. Beat on low until all ingredients are combined and then medium-high until frosting is light and fluffy, about two minutes.
  8. Cool cupcakes completely and frost and decorate cupcakes as you see fit.
The frosting directions on the back of the box only call for 2T butter and 4t milk, but that's just if you want to fill the cupcakes. And the cupcakes already full of cookie, so I beefed up the frosting recipe to allow for complete and satisfactory coverage of all cupcake tops.

To be honest, the cookies themselves tasted terrible. TERRIBLE! I don't know what it was about them (Kyle said they were fine), but I didn't like them one bit. Someone else please try them apart from the cupcake and let me know if I'm just crazy.

HOWEVER, that being said, when I put the cookie inside the cupcake, it was on point! Seriously! I don't know what made the cookies not suck once in the cupcake, but I don't look a gift horse in the mouth, so I'll take it. And they were truly good, so I suggest you bake it!

No comments:

Post a Comment