Guess what! I submitted a couple of recipes to the 46th Pillsbury Bake-off Contest and my Creamy Fruit and Nut Cinnamon Roll Cups made it through to the voting round. (If you’d like to vote for me, which I would very much appreciate, you can do so here by Sept 26th).
I had to keep this info under my hat for a couple of weeks, which was extremely difficult to do, but I’m super excited to be sharing it with you now. The recipe is below if you would like to try it out for yourself. I was inspired by crescent wrapped brie. I think that stuff is tasty, and I don’t particularly like to share, so I wanted to find a way to individualize it.
(Pillsbury took the picture. Much better than I could do!)
Creamy Fruit and Nut Cinnamon Roll Cups
- 1/4c Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 2T golden raisins
- 2T sweetened dried cranberries
- 2T finely chopped pecans
- 1/8t ground nutmeg
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, cut in 8 cubes
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. In medium bowl, mix preserves, golden raisins, dried cranberries, pecans and nutmeg until well blended.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls; reserve icing. Place 1 roll, cinnamon side up, in each muffin cup; firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup. Spoon apricot mixture into each cup. Top each with cream cheese cube; press in lightly.
- Bake 13 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove rolls from pan.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave icing on High 10 seconds. Drizzle over warm rolls.
They are quick, yummy, and perfect for breakfast, dessert, or even an appetizer. (You can switch the cream cheese up to a different kind of soft cheese like brie too, if you feel so inclined).
The top 33 entrants get to move on to the next round, which is a 100-person bake-off in Las Vegas. I would love to be able to participate in the bake-off (and ultimately win the contest), so I would greatly appreciate it if you would head on over to bakeoff.com and vote. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! I'll keep you posted!