Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chocolate Bacon Cheetos

The other day, I was asked what was my favorite 30 minutes or less dessert to make, and immediately I thought of chocolate-covered Cheetos. They are always well-received (upon consumption if not upon receipt), and I pretty much always have Cheetos and baking bark in my house, so it's easy for me to whip together. Then someone mentioned chocolate-covered bacon, and I thought... ugh, it's been shamefully long since I've made something with bacon, how about we put them together! Chocolate Bacon Cheetos: certainly a recipe that will take longer than 30 minutes with cooking, cooling, and crumbling the bacon, but they were totally worth the effort.


Chocolate Bacon Cheetos

Ingredients

  • 7-8 strips of bacon
  • 1/3c brown sugar
  • 2 bricks of chocolate baking bark
  • Cheetos

Directions

  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prep baking sheet with non-stick foil and lay bacon on baking sheet. 
  2. Coat each side of bacon with brown sugar, and cook until crisp (about 12-15 minutes), flipping once.
  3. Let the bacon cool completely and crumble all the good bits into a bowl.
  4. Melt baking bark in the microwave, and start dipping your Cheetos.
  5. While the chocolate on your Cheetos is still wet, sprinkle bacon crumbles over Cheetos so they are nice and covered (I found this ultimately worked better than rolling the chocolate-covered Cheetos in the bacon). 
  6. Chill Chocolate Bacon Cheetos in the fridge until set, then scarf them down.


Oh. Man. I definitely forgot what I was missing with adding bacon to, well, everything. While regular chocolate-covered Cheetos are still a fabulous option for a quick and easy treat that your friends will love, if you've got the time, and the bacon, make these babies happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment