Saturday, January 5, 2013

Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies

Duncan Hines came out with this new product a few months a ago: a red velvet cupcake mix with frosting in the box as well. I love it when they make it easy for me. The box had actually been sitting in my pantry for a while. I was unsure of what I wanted to to with it, as just following the directions on the box seemed unconscionable. I thought about brownies, which I still may try, but man, am I glad I decided on these cookies, cuz wow, they are yummy.

Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
Yields 14 to 16 sandwich cookies

Cookie 

Ingredients
1box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Decadent Cupcake Mix (there are two packages in here: one is for the cake, one is for the frosting)
1 egg
1 yolk
1/3c oil
1/2t vanilla

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together the cake mix and the next 4 ingredients.
3. Roll cookies into balls using 2t of dough per cookie.
4. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.

Frosting

Follow the directions on the box (you’ll need ½ stick of butter and 4t of water).

Then pipe the frosting onto the bottom of one cookie and smash another cookie on it, and BLAM, you’re done.

They were quite easy to make and put together and well, well worth it. AND they are even better the day after they are made as the frosting softens up the cookie a bit and makes each bite a chewy, creamy piece of Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment