I wasn't sure how regular mini marshmallows would fare just sitting around in chocolate. Fortunately, at the same time I was considering this idea, I found a new (for me) product from Kraft: Mallow Bits. Kraft was doing what we were all thinking: Why are you making me go through the trouble of picking through the can of hot chocolate so I can get to what I really want: those crunchy little marshmallows? (Don't try to act like I'm alone in this.) And Kraft said, "You're welcome."
S'mores Chocolate Bark
- 12oz milk chocolate chips
- 1c Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Golden Grahams would work just as well, but I'm a CTC kinda girl)
- 2/3can of Mallow Bits
- Prep baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Pour cereal and mallows evenly over the chocolate (and totally eat whatever doesn't fit) and give it a nice smush.
- Just let it all hang out in the kitchen until it's hard enough to break apart and eat.
So I don't know what it is about hardening chocolate, but it just won't work in the fridge, unless you want to keep them in the fridge all the time. (You don't). So leaving it out on the counter to set allows you to have the bark out at room temp so it is easily accessible.
Oh man, I love these crunchy marshmallow dealys, and adding chocolate and cereal to the mix definitely made me want to go back for s'more (it had to be done). There are still a few days left in National S'more Month my friends, so hop to it!