Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cookies 'N' Creamsicle Fudge

I walked into work yesterday and a co-worker asked, "Is making fudge like a stress thing for you?" Ha, no. But I just can't stop making it. 

Baking is an addiction, and when I don't have time to make something involved (read: something that has more than like 5 ingredients and actually uses the oven), this is what happens. It's glorious. And it is just. so. easy. (Feel free to insert some comment about my mother here, my husband would... sorry Mom.)


Cookies 'N' Creamsicle Fudge

Ingredients

  • 12oz white chocolate chips
  • 1 packet Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Orange Creme Flavor Mix
  • 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter
  • 16 Creamsicle Oreo Cookies, chopped
Directions
  1. Line 8x8 or 9x9 pan with wax paper.
  2. Melt white chocolate chips in microwave.
  3. Mix frosting and flavor mix according to directions and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
  4. Stir frosting into melt chocolate, then stir in the chopped Creamsicle Oreo cookies.
  5. Spread into pan and put into fridge to set.
  6. Cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
I think Orange Creme is one of my favorite flavor mixes from DH. It's doesn't taste fake or overwhelming, but I wouldn't make this fudge without the addition of the Oreo cookies. In addition to adding that necessary textural difference, they magically enhance yet mellow out the intense creamsicle flavor. 

I got a lot of great feedback from this particular recipe, so if you are considering making any of the fudge recipes I have posted, start with this one.

1 comment:

  1. These were SOOOO good. Thanks for sharing them with your humble coworkers! :)

    ReplyDelete