Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cotton Candy Fudge

Again with the fudge! And I'm not even posting all of the variations I've tried, but I'm posting this one because of the sweet, sweet deal I got because of it. I entered this recipe in the Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Recipe Challenge, and guess what suckas, I won (along with 11 other bakers). So now it's time to share this awesome-sauce (or more accurately, awesome-fudge) recipe with all of you.

Cotton Candy Fudge
Ingredients
  • 1 packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix and 1 can of Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter
  • 12 ounces white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 ounce pink cotton candy
Directions
  1. Pour pack of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
  2. Line 8x8 or 9x9 pan with wax paper.
  3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave.
  4. Stir Duncan Hines® Frosting into melted chips.
  5. Break up cotton candy into pieces and fold into chocolate-frosting mixture.
  6. Spread evenly into prepared pan and chill in the fridge until set.
  7. Remove from pan, peel off wax paper, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Fun to make, fun to look at, and even more fun to eat (as I say in my submission). Part of my winnings was a trip to the Duncan Hines facilities in Jersey, which was awesome. One of the chefs recreated all 12 of the winning desserts for us to try and made slight tweaks to most of them. With this recipe, he let the cotton candy dry out so it was crispy and crumbly before making the fudge. Definitely an improvement. It was like Pop Rocks without the pop. And his version definitely looked better than mine.


DH was good times. I'll post details and pictures soon.


3 comments:

  1. I made a friend at work make this...and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks for posting it!

    JT, The Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! So glad you liked it and so glad you totally got somebody else to make it for you. Nice.

      Delete
  2. I am so gonna make this, I just so love Cotton Candy!!

    ReplyDelete