Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chocolate-covered Sun-dried Tomatoes

Over lunch the other day I was telling my friends about the ketchup fudge disaster, and we were trying to figure out how to work out a tomato-oriented dessert. We nixed chocolate-covered tomato slices as they would be quite juicy. Then one of them suggested sun-dried tomatoes. Small, dry, and flavorful. Huh, that was a pretty rad idea, so I jumped on it.


Now there are all kinds of sun-dried tomatoes cut in many different forms. I got ones that were dry but still soft, but I think the crispy kind definitely has potential, too. Oh, and the tomatoes I purchases were julienne cut. I figured I wanted a high chocolate-to-tomato ratio, so the smaller the pieces the better.




Chocolate Covered Sun-dried Tomatoes


The directions and instructions are easy, as per usual with my chocolate-covered confections. Use the baking bark of your choice, though with the strong flavor of the tomatoes, I would suggest sticking with chocolate. Melt the bark, cover the tomatoes, and let them set in the fridge. 


I don't know if I can describe the flavor exactly, but I know it wasn't like "Ew, this tastes like a chocolate-covered tomato." So I consider it a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment