Aaaaaanynobody cares, for today's recipe, I'm turning that tasty torte into a ball.
Black Forest Cake Balls
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (and corresponding eggs, oil, and water)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- white chocolate baking bark
- Bake cake as directed and let cool completely.
- Crumble cake into large bowl, add pie filling and stir until combined.
- Scoop into 2t-sized balls and chill to set.
- Melt chocolate bark, coat the cake balls and chill one more time.
I thought they were wonderfully moist; however, I was expecting a burst of cherry flavor, but what I got was something more subtle. If that works for you, stick with the recipe as is. If not, maybe throw a jar of maraschino cherries into the cake before baking, or if you have some cherry liquor, definitely add that in the cake, or when you mix in the pie filling... or both!