Just so we are clear, these are chocolate cookies with Skittles, not cookies with Chocolate Skittles (Blech!).
I know what you're thinking, "Really, Becky? Chocolate cookies and Skittles?" But one day I was like, "Man, I could really go for Skittles. Man, I could really go for some chocolate cookies." I didn't think a handful of Skittles and couple of chocolate cookies were going to cut it, so I combined them. I've made a few different chocolate cookie recipes, but I used my favorite base for this cookie, which I'll share again here.
Skittles Chocolate Cookies
- 1c butter, room temp
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1t vanilla
- 2c flour
- 1/2c cocoa powder
- 1t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1c white chocolate chips
- 2/3-1c Skittles
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
Fold in chips and Skittles.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours. (I cut down the chilling time by sticking the dough in the freezer for an hour or so).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll into balls or scoop with an your 2t cookie scoop and drop on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
They were just alright, I think. Next time I'm craving both, I'll probably just keep them separate.