Monday, January 9, 2012

Skittles Chocolate Cookies

Just so we are clear, these are chocolate cookies with Skittles, not cookies with Chocolate Skittles (Blech!).

I know what you're thinking, "Really, Becky? Chocolate cookies and Skittles?" But one day I was like, "Man, I could really go for Skittles. Man, I could really go for some chocolate cookies." I didn't think a handful of Skittles and couple of chocolate cookies were going to cut it, so I combined them. I've made a few different chocolate cookie recipes, but I used my favorite base for this cookie, which I'll share again here.


Skittles Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1c butter, room temp
  • 1 1/2c sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1t vanilla
  • 2c flour
  • 1/2c cocoa powder
  • 1t baking soda
  • 1/4t salt
  • 1c white chocolate chips
  • 2/3-1c Skittles
Directions
  1. Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. 
  2. In separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
  3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until fully incorporated.
    Fold in chips and Skittles. 
  4. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours. (I cut down the chilling time by sticking the dough in the freezer for an hour or so).
  5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  6. Roll into balls or scoop with an your 2t cookie scoop and drop on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.
Be warned: the Skittles get all melty and when they are on the edge of the cookie they seep out and create a sharp sugar knife that will slice your mouth up. 

They were just alright, I think. Next time I'm craving both, I'll probably just keep them separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment