Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pecan Spinwheels Truffles

Food processors change lives. If you don't have one, go out and buy one. Get one for me while you're at it because, man, I am in need. However, I made do with my hands and a spoon with my most recent addition to my growing list of Little Debbie truffles.


Pecan Spinwheels Truffles

Ingredients
  • 1 box (8 spinwheels) Pecan Spinwheels
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • white chocolate bark
Directions
  1. Crumble spinwheels in food processor.
  2. Add cream cheese to crumbs and process until combined
  3. Scoop into 2t balls and put in fridge to set.
  4. Melt bark; coat truffles; return to fridge to harden chocolate shell.
They definitely fall more in line with the Honey Buns than with the Oatmeal Creme Pies: more savory than sweet, which can be a good thing...if you're not me. Regardless, my new group of taste testers seemed to enjoy them as did my other, which works fine for me. I may have to make the Star Crunch or Oatmeal Creme Pie ones again though because dude.

2 comments:

  1. another great idea! lol
    Are you on Pinterest? I think I'll pin some of your recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://pinterest.com/thecerealbaker/

    ReplyDelete