Saturday, December 3, 2011

Honey Bun Truffles

I wasn't a huge fan of Honey Buns growing up. I mean if you gave me one, I'd eat it, but I don't think I would have chosen it otherwise. I also tried a deep-fried honey bun at the fair last year; I wasn't impressed. Regardless, they were next on my list of Little Debbie truffles, so I was happy to give them another chance. 

The recipe again is similar to the previous ones: just the treat and cream cheese rolled in a ball and covered in chocolate. But I figure you are looking for something more detailed than that, so here you go...


Honey Bun Truffles

Ingredients
  • 1pkg (6 indiv. wrapped) Honey Buns
  • 4oz cream cheese, softened
  • white chocolate baking bark
Directions
  1. Break apart Honey Buns into food processor and pulse until crumby.
  2. Add cream cheese to crumbs and pulse until combined.
  3. Scoop into balls and stick in fridge to set.
  4. Melt chocolate and coat truffles.
  5. Return to fridge to set.
I thought these were a bit savory. Maybe with the stickiness of the Honey Bun, the cream cheese wasn't needed. They were definitely much better cold. My favorites are still the Oatmeal Cream Pie and the Star Crunch truffles, but if Honey Buns top your Little Debbie list, I say give this recipe a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment