Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Brownies

It's that time of year when the leaves are changing, the air is crisper and absolutely everything you eat either has an apple or a pumpkin in it. This week's recipe is no different...well, it's a little different.

I'm sure you've seen recipes for “pumpkin pie brownies” floating around the Internet—brownies topped with a pumpkin layer or blondies with pumpkin puree in them, right? Lamesauce. When I say pumpkin pie brownies, I mean brownies crammed full of an entire pumpkin pie.

The original recipe for these brownies is from the Cake Mix Doctor and calls for a pecan pie. Been there, done that. They were amazing, but it was time to branch out. Or vine out, I suppose.

 Pumpkin Pie Brownies

For the full fall-tastic recipe, visit Foodbeast.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Pumpkin, these look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister made these 10 years ago for Thanksgiving, I think the recipe was in Southern Living. They were super yummy!

    ReplyDelete