You know what's awesome? Well, according to me, lots of stuff, but this time I was specifically thinking about candy. Candy is awesome, particularly candy bars. I enjoy using them as inspiration for creations, whether I merely imitate the flavors or straight up chop them up and mix them in.
This time around, I was just looking to evoke the essence of an Almond Joy®, plus I had a brownie mix, coconut and almonds on hand.
Almond Joy Brownies
- box of your favorite brownie mix (and eggs, oil and water as directed)
- 2c sweetened shredded coconut
- 10oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1c sliced almonds
- 1/4t almond extract
- Mix brownie batter as directed. Add almond extract to batter.
- Combine condensed milk and coconut, then add to brownie batter.
- Pour batter into your preferred, greased brownie baking pan.
- Top with almonds and bake as directed (although with all goo inside the brownie it may take longer for them to fully bake).
- Let cool completely. (Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiting is the hardest part!) Cut and serve.
Good times! These brownies were dense, gooey squares of almond-y joy! And the almonds (which I totally didn't pick off and eat by themselves) got all toasty and crunchy in the oven. Yum!