Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate-Covered Gushers

[Insert your own joke about how you like your "gushers" (Mom, please don't Google it.) covered in chocolate here.] Are you ready now? Let's move on.

When Fruit Gushers first came out, they were sooooo much cooler than just regular fruit snacks. However, I was always afraid that I would sqoooosh them in my lunch bag and the goo in the middle would go everywhere and then I would open up the pouch they were in and it would be a mess. But my mom never actually bought them for us, so crisis averted.

Even though the novelty of Gushers has worn off (I prefer my Sharks fruit snacks, thank you very much), they make a good chocolate-covered treat.

 
Chocolate-Covered Gushers

Ingredients
  • 1pkg Strawberry Gushers (feel free to use the flavor of your choice)
  • baking bark (I used one bar of white and one bar of chocolate to cover them all)
Directions
  1. Open the individual packets of Gushers and separate each snack as they are most likely stuck together. (Consider the ones that are oozing significantly fallen soldiers and do with them what you will.)
  2. Freeze the Gushers for 5 to 7 minutes just to firm them up a bit.
  3. Meanwhile melt the baking bark and coat the Gushers.
  4. Stick them back in the freezer to set. 
Yum! Yum! Yum! These were small and fun (like me!), and all of the different textures (crunchy, sticky then gooey...also like me!) played off of each other well. 

It was difficult for me to get a consensus on which was better: white or chocolate. I liked the white chocolate better (shocker!), but again some other taste-testers were adamant that the chocolate was the superior coating. I guess you'll just have to try both.

No comments:

Post a Comment