Hurray for baking buddies! My friend Robin and I scheduled a play date so that she could experience cake ball making firsthand. Cake balls can be a chore, so I was grateful for the help.
Like I mentioned in my Creamsicle cake ball post, summertime lends itself to fruitier flavor combos and these cake balls are no exception. Does a tall cold glass of strawberry lemonade on a hot summer day sound good to you? These are just like that, but better because it's cake.
Strawberry Lemonade Cake Balls
- 1box Strawberry cake mix (eggs, oil and water to go with)
- 1pkg sugar-free strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8oz can lemon frosting
- white chocolate baking bark
- Bake cake as directed.
- Let the cake cool for a bit and then jab it a bunch with toothpicks or a fork or whatever you might have on hand.
- Mix jello with 1c of boiling water until dissolved and pour over cake.
- Let cake finish cooling and then chill in fridge for a few hours.
- Crumble up cake into an XL bowl and mix in the frosting.
- Scoop into balls and let chill.
- Melt the chocolate; coat the balls; chill until hardened.
I think these actually tasted better the next day after the flavors had some time to become besties. The strawberry was sweet, the lemon was tart and the overall result was very refreshing.