Thursday, May 26, 2011

Twinkie and Rice Krispies Treat Sushi

I have a friend that takes that “Liq-uor? I don’t even know her” joke to the extreme.  So if I were to tell him that I was making Twinkie sushi, I would have heard “Sushi? I don’t even know she.” Amusing but, let’s not lie, lame. Aaaanyways…

When putting together this dessert, I wanted to be true to the spirit of sushi and use the freshest ingredients available. And by “freshest” I mean dope because there is nothing fresh about Twinkies, Rice Krispies Treats and Fruit by the Foot.

Fun fact: the shelf-life for a Twinkie is 25 days, not years, as some might think.


It’s been done before, but that doesn’t make it any less awesome to try on your own.  To check out the different varieties of sushi that I concocted, visit Foodbeast!

Speaking of Foodbeast (one of my favorite foodie sites), I am now a part of their Contributing Recipe Team. I'm super excited to be teaming up with the guys! If you head over there to see my full recipes, which I'll be submitting on a regular basis, be sure to check it out the rest of the site (their videos, in particular, are always entertaining).

No comments:

Post a Comment