Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Fruity Pebbles Treats

You know I'm a sucker for PB&J. I had been mulling this idea around in my head for awhile, unsure of exactly how it should play out. So when I had the opportunity to take a chance, I went for it.

I put Craisins in these treats because I was concerned that the "jelly" part would be overpowered by the peanut butter. However, I don't think that's the case, so I consider the addition of Craisins to be optional.


Peanut Butter Fruity Pebbles Treats
Ingredients
  • 6 cups Fruity Pebbles
  • 4 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1T butter
  • 1/2c PB
  • 1/2 to 3/4c Craisins (optional; however, if you add them, decrease cereal amount accordingly)
Directions
  1. Grease 9x13 pan.
  2. Melt butter and mallows in pot on stove. Stir in PB.
  3. Meanwhile, measure out cereal and Craisins and mix together.
  4. Add cereal mix to mallow mix and stir until combined.
  5. Smash into prepped pan, let cool and then cut and serve.
I'd like to point out that whenever I say "mallow" instead of "marshmallow" I am reminded of Porter from The Sandlot telling Smalls about s'mores. I believe it goes a little something like this...

Ham Porter: Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?
Smalls: Some more of what?
Ham Porter: No, do you wanna s'more?
Smalls: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?
Ham Porter: You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Alright now pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good!

And thank you IMDB! I'd also like to add that when I say, "You're killing me Smalls!" very few people get the reference.

Kyle really liked these. As I said, the Craisins could be removed and I still think you would get the "J" from the "PB&J" situation that I am trying to work out.  I again had trouble with these staying together. I think when I add other things to the mallows (e.g., PB), I should add more mallows for increased stickiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment