Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fruity Pebbles White Chocolate Bark

I told you I would be adding cereal to chocolate bark sometime soon. My favorite pancake mix-ins are white chocolate chips and Fruity Pebbles. So it only made sense to turn that into a portable option. I added in the Craisins because I really like the chewy element and the additional layer of fruitiness that they add to the bark.

Like all bark, the reward-to-effort level is high. Easy to make, and even easier to eat.


Fruity Pebbles Bark

Ingredients
  • 1pkg white chocolate chips
  • 1 to 1/2c Fruity Pebbles
  • 1/3 to 1/2c Craisins
Directions
  1. Melt chocolate in microwave.
  2. Stir in 1/2 to 3/4c Fruity Pebbles.
  3. Spread out on wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
  4. Distribute and smash down remaining Pebbles and Craisins (cater the final amount to your preference).
  5. Chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
  6. Break apart and open your eyes to a whole new world of awesomeness.
Can you believe I have had friends that were Fruity Pebbles virgins? Before they met me, that is. If you cut me, I bleed Fruity Pebbles, so we know that didn't last long. 

Anyawesome, this bark was GREAT! (By the way, spell check is trying to tell me that "anyawesome" is not a word. Whatever. It is now!) I really enjoyed the crunchy of the Pebbles against the chewy of the Craisins and the flavor combo the three ingredients created.

Next time: Cocoa Pebbles with something (I have a few ideas in mind, but don't want to commit quite yet).

2 comments:

  1. A quick note to the lactose intolerant on fruity pebbles - try them with oj instead of milk. I admit I haven't had it since I was about 8 years old, but I imagine it's still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lactose intolerant! I eat my cereal with yogurt. Fruity Pebbles with Dannon Fruit on the Bottom Strawberry is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete