Thursday, May 5, 2011

Frito and Reese's Miniature Cups Cocoa Pebbles Treats

A mouthful to both expel and consume. Anyawesome (See? It's totally a word)...oooooooh my goodneeeeeeeeeeeess. These were so goooooooood. (I'm singing this by the way. I sing-talk often...no wonder 511 can never understand what I'm saying.) 

I need to adjust the ratio of everything so they actually stay together, but overall they were...well, see above.


Frito and Reese's Miniature Cups Cocoa Pebbles Treats

Ingredients
  • 4c mini marshmallows
  • 1T butter
  • 4 1/2 to 5c Cocoa Pebbles
  • 1 to 1 1/2c crushed Fritos
  • 1 bag Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, chopped (not to be confused with minis!)
Directions
  1. Freeze the chopped PB cups if you have time. If not, meh.
  2. Melt butter and mallows in a pot over the stove.
  3. In the meantime, mix Pebbles, Fritos and Reese's in a biiiiiiig bowl. (Adjust Pebbles-to-Frito ratio to total 6 cups).
  4. Stir cereal mixture into mallows and then smash into a greased 9x13 pan.
  5. Cool, cut and consume.
I think I put in too much Frito without taking away enough cereal and the marshmallows couldn't hold it all together like my other batches of Pebbles treats. Regardless, they were tase-tee. Sweet and salty is always a winner. Chocolate and PB is always a winner. So as Charlie Sheen would say, and I think others would agree, this dessert was bi-winning.

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure some melted chocolate chips would help hold this together. Or maybe butterscotch chips. Or both.

    ReplyDelete