Friday, May 20, 2011

Chocolate Covered Pork Rinds

Put away your oh-no-she-didn't face. Because, oh yes. I. Did.
 
What exactly are pork rinds? Deep-fried pig skins. Hold up though before your throw your kid's football into the deep fryer. You can snag a bag o' pork rinds (original or HOT'N'SPICY, like yours truly!) at your nearest grocery or convenient store. Shout out to Big Lots!


Before my obsession with covering things in chocolate, I never would have had a reason to research the difference between chitterlings and pork rinds. Hurray for branching out!

In case you were curious (and you'll realized you weren't THAT curious once I tell you), chitterlings, or chitlins, are bits of pig intestine. I stuck with the pork rinds...for now.


Again, the ingredients won't break the bank and the recipe won't blow your mind (but the results might).


Chocolate Covered Pork Rinds

Ingredients
  • pork rinds (I used Original flavor)
  • chocolate baking bark
Directions
  1. Melt that bark as per usual.
  2. Coat those pork rinds in that chocolate and let them chill.
I felt that some of the pork rinds were a bit large so I broke up the bigger pieces. Feel free to do the same or just keep them as big hunks'o'skin. 

Despite knowing that I am eating the deep-fried skin of Wilbur, these are good! They were significantly more palatable than the pepperoni and more flavorful than the Funyuns.

You can definitely still tell its a meat byproduct. It has a salty, bacon-y type quality to it that complements the chocolate well.

Bee tee dubs, I love that the labels to these posts are chocolate and meat.

1 comment:

  1. The trend is towards chocolate and bacon, so why not?!?!

    ReplyDelete