Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chocolate Covered Pepperoni

Did you do a "Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" double take? Yup, you read correctly: chocolate covered pepperoni.

If you are thinking, "Um, ew," I can totally appreciate that. But don't knock it 'til you tried it. And then, feel free to knock it because it's...not for everyone.


Chocolate Covered Pepperoni
Ingredients
  • pepperoni
  • chocolate baking bark
Directions
  1. Prep by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper and separating the pepperoni. (You know how they are all stuck to each other in the bag. It just makes things easier if you do this before trying to add melted chocolate into the equation).
  2. Meanwhile, melt some baking bark (I used 4 to 5 chunks to cover approx. 3oz of pepperoni).
  3. Dip the pepperoni in the chocolate; lay it on the wax paper and stick it in the freezer until hardened.
  4. Enjoy???
Yea, the reviews were definitely mixed. It was something that most people, certainly not all, were willing to try at least one of. I walked out of trivia without leftovers though, so they couldn't have been that bad. But the feedback was decidedly, well, undecided. I don't think people knew how to feel about it. 

However, the ones I took to church were a different story. I KNEW a handful of people would love them and they did. So, different strokes for different folks. (Bee tee dubs, that's what Willis was talkin' 'bout.)

This was what I encountered when I tried one: It was chocolate-y at first and kind of chewy and then the spiciness of the pepperoni gets you at the end. 

Yes, I did try more than one. I tried two. The second I decided to top with some alcohol-infused whipped cream. I regret that decision.

Chocolate-covered pepperoni: Definitely something to try, but not necessarily try again.

2 comments:

  1. These do look interesting, lol. By the way, I love your profile description, ow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying one but first i am making the peperoni crispy by putting it in the microwave for a minute or 2.

    ReplyDelete