Cake! And with that...non-cake things that taste like cake! I recently made a couple of batches of Cake Batter Rice Krispies treats, leaving me with a bag of open yellow cake mix. So I went back to the source of that fabulous recipe and found yet another cake-flavored concoction: cake batter bark! That chick from How Sweet It Is knows where it's at.
That being said, this particular recipe left me wanting. You may remember my previous confession of loving icing/frosting almost as much or even more so than cake itself. So I made a few changes and voila: pure bliss in chocolate bark form.
Icing on the Cake Batter Bark
- 12oz white chocolate chips, melted (dudes, just use any old brand)
- 1T (heaping) of yellow cake mix, sifted
- 1/4c chocolate frosting (I used the kind that comes with sprinkles!)
- 1.75oz jar of rainbow sprinkles
- Cover baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chips and mix in cake batter. Spread out over wax paper.
- Meanwhile, soften/melt the frosting so that it is pourable.
- Drizzle the frosting all up over the white chocolate.
- Shake those sprinkles (and the ones from the frosting itself) evenly over the chocolate/frosting mess. Press the sprinkles down a little, if you can.
- Chill in freezer for 15 minutes. Break apart and have your cake bark and eat it, too.
This is another recipe that allows for variety: the potential cake mix and frosting combos are endless. Need I say it? Yes, I think so. Aaaaaaaaaawesoooooooooooome!