Monday, April 25, 2011

Dreamsicle Cookies

When was the last time you had a dreamsicle? Those orange sherbet popsicles filled with vanilla ice cream were a staple at the lunch table in elementary school. Good times with good people, bee-tee-dubs. (Shout out to Lyssa!)  I remember having races to see who could get to the vanilla first. Looking back, I don't really see the point of that now, but hey, we were like...9.

Anycookie, I haven't had one of those things in a minute, so when I saw a recipe for a dreamsicle in cookie form, I couldn't resist. And then I found out it uses TANG! Double awesome! Some of my friends from way back should be the spokes-family for TANG! they drank it so much of it.

And then I made the cookies....uh weird. And I don't mean in taste because these suckers tasted JUST LIKE a dreamsicle. Regardless, the dough was really powdery. Like REALLY powdery. And, although I wouldn't consider that I burned them (I don't think I did), they all got pretty brown pretty quickly on the bottoms. Like I said...weird. I'll throw the recipe on here, but only so you can compare it to others and avoid ones similar to this. 

 
Dreamsicle Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/2c TANG!
  • 3/4c sugar
  • 1 1/2c white choc. chips
  • 1 3/4c flour
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 1/2c butter, softened
  • 1/2t baking soda
  • 1/2t baking powder
  • 1t vanilla
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep your cookies pans with your handy dandy parchment paper.
  2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg and the vanilla.
  3. Mix together dry ingredients and then incorporate into creamed mixture. 
  4. Add in the white choc. chips.
  5. Use your small cookie scoop and really smash that stuff in there so it actually sticks together.
  6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and let cool on tray for 5 minutes.
They look good; they taste good. Regardless, I'm sure there is a better base out. I have a bunch of tang left, so I'll keep looking and see if I can find another version to try.

3 comments:

  1. Id love to try these, creamsicles are delish! -TJ emp.

    Ps. I don't know your e-mail addy and I didn't see it anywhere on here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make sure we exchange info when I see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I love this recipe! I found you in the weirdest way -- on a like to my blog because I wrote about chocolate-covered Bugles, which I believe used to exist, as in, they sold them once upon a time so you didn't have to dip them yourself. Please, I loooove "Anycookie." You seem like a baker after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete