This recipe can be filed in my growing list of PB&J-type desserts...kind of. The cookie and its title are both a mouthful. And weird, too. WEIRD! If you like Twizzlers, then these cookies are for you. If not (that's me), I strongly suggest that you to switch them out for something else (e.g., craisins or other dried berries).
These cookies were made for a friend's birthday. I found out she liked Reese's Pieces (WHO DOESN'T), chocolate and Twizzlers. So I decided to throw these babies together into a variation of a cake mix cookie recipe via the Cake Mix Doctor.
Twizzlers and Reese's Pieces Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 pkg. devil's food cake
- 1/3c water
- 4T melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1t vanilla
- 1/2c Reese's Pieces (chop some in half if you have the patience)
- 1/3c Twizzlers, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and throw some parchment on a baking sheet.
- Beat together the first 5 ingredients: low speed for 1 min, then medium for 1 minute.
- Fold in the Twizzlers and Reese's Pieces.
- Use that trusty 2t cookie scoop and drop those cookies on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and let sit on cookie sheet for 1 min after removing from oven.
Like I said, weird. The people who were all about some Twizzlers, including the birthday girl, were all about these cookies. The rest of us, not so much. However, I very much enjoy the cookie itself. (I picked around the Twizzlers and ate the rest of the cookie. Good times.)