Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chocolate Covered Funyuns

Here's a quick and dirty post about another savory treat covered in chocolate: chocolate-covered Funyuns.  "Becky," you might ask, "what, pray tell, is a Funyun?" According to Frito-Lay, a Funyun is an onion flavored ring. Does that help? I didn't think so. 


There's not much to explain about the process: Melt some chocolate baking bark. Dip Funyuns in said bark. Let cool and...enjoy?

These were...eh. I don't know if I'd go as far as "Ew," but it's close.  Luckily, I played it safe and made them as an ancillary treat for trivia night along with one that I knew would be a hit. 

If you are feeling adventurous, I suggest you give them a try. But if you are looking for something good, no, not good, pile-drive-your-great-aunt fantastic, stick with the chocolate-covered Cheetos. They blows these bizarre things out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment