Thursday, February 10, 2011

PB&J Bark

Another sandwich in bark form! I remember when my ma would cut the crust off the bread for me. Instead of putting all that work in cutting the crust off myself, I decided to get rid of it altogether! And so PB&J bark was born.

I'm not big on sandwiches, but when I have one, it needs to be awesome. "Oh Great Becky of Aweosme-ness," you ask, "just how do you make a sandwich awesome?" Uh, duh. You add potato chips. Chips give any sandwich that salty crunch factor that just really brings everything together nicely. So here's the final product.


PB&J Bark

Ingredients
  • 12oz white chocolate chips
  • 3/4c potato chips, crushed
  • 3/4c craisins
  • 3/4c Reese's Pieces, crushed
Directions
  1. Lay wax paper out on baking sheet.
  2. Mix together craisins, Reese's Pieces and  1/4c potato chips in a bowl and set aside.
  3. Melt white choc. chips.
  4. Mix remaining 1/2c of crushed potato chips into the melted chocolate.
  5. Spread choc/chip mix over wax paper.
  6. Sprinkle the craisins/pieces/chips mix over the melted chocolate and press it all down in there so it sticks. 
  7. Let chill in freezer for 15 minutes and then remove, break apart and enjoy.
A few people were confused initially by the addition of the potato chips. I even tried to tame the bark a bit by only adding in regular potato chips (BBQ chips are my usual PB&J addition). But it only took one bite for the skeptics to become believers. 

It really did taste like a chip-filled peanut butter and jelly sandwich...covered in white chocolate.  What's not to like?

1 comment:

  1. Yum, salty, sweet, chewy - you've got it all covered with this delicious treat. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your bark up. Feel free to also link up any other sweet treats you've made this past week. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

    ReplyDelete