Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate Covered Cheetos

The Frito candy, along with adding salty/savory things to chocolate bark, has gotten me on a sweet/salty kick. These are my latest creation. I have to say the title of the post pretty much explains it all: Cheetos dipped in chocolate. 

If you are need of something to take to a gathering and are in a time crrrrrrrrrrunch, or you just want to make something faboosh, these are easy to make and everyone who tries them will compliment you on my unparalleled genius. 



Chocolate-Covered Cheetos

Ingredients (Stay with me now; it's going to get complex.)
  • Cheetos
  • Baking bark (I used both vanilla/white AND regular chocolate. LOOK OUT!)
Directions
  1. Prep a baking sheet with wax paper.
  2. Melt the bark.
  3. Start dippin'.
  4. Let the chocolate-y Cheetos chill on the wax paper. 
  5. Consume and exclaim "HOLY [insert favorite expletive here]!!!! These are AWESOME!" 
 ...because it's true. These are the BOOOOOOOOOOMB DIGGITY! I've made them twice in a week's time, and I am already trying to figure out when I can make them again. 

Although there was a consensus that these were one of my more fabulous creations so far, I think people were pretty evenly split over which type of chocolate they preferred. I like the white and Kyle likes the regular chocolate (surprise, surprise), so I'll continue to make both kinds.

6 comments:

  1. Would you consider trying the other flavors of cheetos, such as the jalapeno cheddar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea. I was also considering those BBQ Fritos that are all twisty-like. (I know chocolate covered regular Fritos are awesome.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a delicious genius. I followed this from Bon Appétit's website as I was writing about having nightmares about the new Doritos advert with the bloke who licks other people's Dorito-y fingers, pants, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wondering how well these do if you prepare the night before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely prep them the night before. Just store them in some Tupperware in the fridge.

      Delete