Buckeye Balls are named as such because they resemble a buckeye nut. A buckeye nut kind of looks like an eyeball: the ball of the eye being darker (the chocolate coating) and the iris being the lighter part of the nut (the peanut butter peeking through). My Buckeyes? Not so much buckeye looking as completely covered in chocolate. Meh, I'm totally okay with that.
OH MY GOSH GUESS WHAT!!! This recipe contains cereal!!! I was going to have to change my blog to thebaconbaker (ooo, that actually has potential) if I didn't make something with cereal in it soon.
I got the recipe from my coworker, Jillian, who makes Buckeye Balls for Christmas pretty much every year. So away we go...
- 1/2c butter, softened
- 2c creamy peanut butter (I used the HT brand. Holla!)
- 3c Rice Krispies
- 1lb. (about 4 to 4 1/2c) powdered sugar
- 1pkg. chocolate baking bark
- Cream together butter and peanut butter to make peanut butter butter. (That amuses me; don't ask me why.)
- In a large large large large bowl, mix together p. sugar (sift into bowl) and Rice Krispies.
- Add pbb mixture to cereal mixture and mash together using your hands (HURRAY!) until fully combined.
- Scoop and roll tablespoon-sized (1 inch) balls and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt baking bark and coat.
I haven't gotten feedback from Wanda yet; however my sessy (sexy and sassy) friend Ryan (Shout out!) really enjoyed them. And he doesn't do sweets (sometimes he won't even try my creations!), so that says a lot.