Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin up the Jam...or Dip

Just wanted to remind you that it is fall. And the best way to do that is to make something involving pumpkin.

I got this recipe from one of my bible study cohorts. As I have mentioned before, we try to make things that are gluten-free on those nights. I thought this was a particularly good outcome of the gf experience.


Pumpkin Dip

Ingredients
  • 60z. cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2c brown sugar
  • 1/2c canned pumpkin
  • 2t maple syrup
  • 1/2t cinnamon
Directions
  1. Put first 3 ingredients in bowl and beat with mixer really well until cream cheese lumps are out.
  2. Add syrup and cinnamon and beat until smooth.
  3. Cover and chill for 30 min.

The recipes suggested that I serve the dip with apples or ginger snaps. But I served it with apples AND ginger snaps. Fall-i-est. Combo. Ever.

It's smooth and creamy and it goes great with both the apples and the cookies. I would recommend it as a quick and easy appetizer/side/dessert to take with you to a party or put out when you have a few guests coming over.

1 comment:

  1. 1st - I love this recipe.

    2nd - I read 60z. (like 60 ounces) instead of 6 oz. Somehow I didn't realize it until package number 6 of cream cheese...needless to say...my son's first birthday had a LOT of this dip. It was still delicious (I didn't have quite enough pumpkin but it worked).

    Thought this would at least make you laugh! Hope all is going well for you!

    - Melanie

    ReplyDelete