Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chocolate Covered Twinkies

We went to the NC state fair in October and it was AWESOME! By the time I was done trying everything I wanted to, I was oozing oil. Good times. I went with my friend Sara (among a handful of other rockin' people) and she almost got herself a chocolate-covered Twinkie...but I talked her out of it.

"Pshht!" I said. "I could totally make those for you and it won't cost you $3." So that's what I did.


Chocolate-Covered Twinkies

Ingredients
  • Twinkies (as many as you want to make)
  • baking bark
  • accompaniments (I chose sprinkles, coconut and chopped peanuts)

Directions
  1. Free (typo and it stays...or freeze) the Twinkies.
  2. Ready your accompaniments so you can roll the covered Twinkies in them immediately after they are dipped.
  3. Melt your chocolate.
  4. Dip the Twinkies in the chocolate and then roll them in whatever. Optional: Cut the Twinkies in half. I found it was easy to coat them this way.
  5. Let them chill and serve those babies up.
The sprinkles were the clear winner. I would just suggest foregoing all other topping options. I liked when the chocolate was cold and crunchy, but Kyle preferred the Twinkies after they had warmed and the chocolate didn't crack when you bit into the sugary goodness. They were super good and ridiculously easy to make.

Sara was pleased she waited. (At the fair, she got a Bloomin' Onion instead of the Twinkie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment