This was surprisingly my only Halloween-specific treat this year...so far (I've got a few packs of Halloween Peeps that I'm saving for when we get a Fry Daddy).
Chocolate bark has become popular recently. I think it's a wonderful way to make a quicky (typo and it stays! oh my!) and easy personalized treat. Just melt a bag of your favorite type of chocolate chip; spread it on some wax paper; throw whatever your heart desires atop the chocolate and let it cool.
These particular ingredients had a Halloween flair to them.
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2c or so pretzels, broken
- 1/2c or so Oreos, broken
- 1/2c or so candy corn
- 1 bottle Halloween-themed sprinkles
- Make sure all of your mix-ins are ready to go.
- Cover baking sheet with sheet of wax paper.
- Melt entire bag of chips and pour onto wax paper.
- Spread chocolate over wax paper with spatula.
- Distribute mix-ins evenly over chocolate and press in.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, then break apart and enjoy.
I am actually very interested in trying a handful of different combos of chips and mix-ins. And, yes, both cereal and bacon will be involved. Duh.