Now, you're probably thinking, "Chocolate chips and cheese? I don't know how I feel about that." But I assure you that (a) it's not what you think and (2) you will regret not making it for your next function.
Forget what you think you know about cheese balls; this one's for after dinner, not before. If you don't like chocolate chips or cream cheese, forget about that, too. You'll like this.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2c butter, softened
- 1/4t vanilla
- 3/4c powdered sugar
- 2T brown sugar
- 3/4c mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4c pecans, chopped
- chocolate graham crackers (for spreading)
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape into ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for another hour.
- Unwrap cheese and roll it in the chopped pecans. Try to get as many nuts to stick to it as you can. (That's what she said?)
- Serve with the grahams.
Now the original recipe just says to spread this mess on a regular graham cracker, but if you can find chocolate graham crackers, they really take this entire concoction to a new level.