I used a Coconut Cake mix this go round, which is more difficult to find than one might think. Thanks, Harris Teeter. I wanted to make sure the coconut really stood out, so I added some toasted shredded coconut as well. I know you know the drill, but I'll post the ingredients and recipe again just for you!
- 1 box coconut cake mix (plus ingredients to bake the cake)
- 1 can (8oz) Whipped White Frosting
- 1c toasted shredded coconut
- Chocolate baking bark
- Bake cake as directed and let cool completely.
- Crumble cake in to a BIG bowl.
- Add entire can of frosting and combine.
- Scoop into balls (tablespoon of mix) and chill in fridge.
- Melt chocolate bark, coat cake balls and chill until set.
I know that sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't. If it happens to be one of your more nutty times, you could roll the cake balls around in some crushed toasted almonds after you dip them in the chocolate.