Monday, July 5, 2010

Key Lime White Choc Chip Cookies

After I made the Key Lime Pie, I had a bunch of left over key lime juice. So I thought I'd try out a cookie recipe. I think I got it from Cookiemadness.net, so I'll post that recipe here.

Key Lime White Choc Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter — softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup key lime juice
1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Cream butter, sugar, egg, egg yolk in a large bowl.
  2. Blend in flour, baking powder, salt, lime juice and lime zest.
  3. Fold in white chocolate chips.
  4. Roll dough into walnut sized balls and place on ungreased sheet.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
I think they turned out well, but Kyle isn't particularly into citrus in general, so he wasn't feeling the lime. Although he said that the lime taste was slight. However, other people said that they were quite lime-y. I liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment