People often ask me if I make this stuff up, or if I find these recipes. It's a little bit of both. Usually, I think, "Hey, I want to make a dessert using _____, ______, and _____." So I do a few different Google searches to see what I come up with. Sometimes I'm successful in finding a recipe and other times I have to venture out on my own.
This time, I said to myself, I'd like to make a cupcake with beer and bacon. And BLA-DOW, this fabulous recipe was at my fingertips in mere seconds. I snagged the recipe from the Cupcake Project. Didn't make any changes really, but I'll still post it here for easy access (because I KNOW you are going run right to your kitchen to make these bad boys).
Beer Cheese Cupcakes
- 1c beer
- 1 stick, plus 1T unsalted butter
- 1c grated cheddar
- 2c dark brown sugar (yea, that's an entire box)
- 3/4c sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1T vanilla extract
- 2c flour
- 2 1/2t baking soda
- Combine the beer and the butter in a large sauce pan. Heat to melt butter. Add cheddar.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla, then add to the beer mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, and fold into the batter.
- Pour into cupcake wrappers and bake for 25 minutes at 350.
Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4c butter, room temp
- 4c powdered sugar
- 3/4c grated cheddar
- 1c bacon crumbles
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add grated cheddar.
- Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
- Stir in bacon.
These were a bear (not the word I'd prefer to use) to frost because of all the mess of cheese and bacon in the frosting. But it was soooooooooo worth it. They were GUUUUUUUUUD. If you are looking for a man-tastic dessert for a sporty-good time, these are the way to go.