Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fatal Attraction Cereal Treats


As you know, Rice Krispy Treats (with attitude) are a favorite of mine to play with. So I decided to change a few things around in this recipe. I used the newest addition to the Flinstone Cereal Family: Cupcake Pebbles. It has a vanilla-y taste to it. I also decided to use Peeps instead of regular marshmallows. (The melting of the Peeps reminded me of boiling bunnies, hence the name of this dessert).

I used my regular ratio; however, I did up the butter. My mistake. I thought they tasted too buttery. They were also too dry. I think I made too many changes at once. I should have attempted Peeps and Rice Krispies, or Cupcake Pebbles and marshmallows, but not both at one time.


You can't tell from the picture, but one super fun thing about making these treats was that they became the color of the sugar on the Peeps, so I had some seriously pink dessert on my hands. Cool concept; poor execution.

No comments:

Post a Comment