Friday, April 2, 2010

Cookie Cake Pie: The Tur-duck-en of Desserts


Simple concept. Simple follow-through. Amazing reward. Let's not waste time...

Cookie Cake Pie

1 pie crust
1 batch cookie dough
1 cake mix
1 can icing

1. Put the pie crust in the pie plate.
2. Smash in the batch of cookie dough.
3. Mix up the cake batter and pour half on top.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
5. Cool completely and frost (add sprinkles if you are feeling fancy).

I purchased all of my ingredients for this: pre-made pie crust, package of cookie dough, a cake mix, and a can of frosting. Ain't no shame in my game.

Really you don't need more than about half of the cake mix (a single layer). You can do whatever you like with the rest. I made a single layer cake, which I then used to make cake balls!

I covered the edges of the pie crust for about half the baking time so they wouldn't get so brown (I would recommend actually keeping the crust covered for 3/4ths of the time). The priority is making sure the cake is properly baked. The cookies will just work themselves out underneath.

I used White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Dough, Devil's Food cake and white frosting. Turned out great!

I'm contemplating trying it with an Oreo crust, and using cherry pie filling and Red Velvet Cake. So it wouldn't have cookie, but I'd be ok with that.

I also really like sugar cookies, so I might try something with Oreo crust, sugar cookie and lemon cake....ooo that actually sounds great. I'm not really sure how Oreo crust would do for 40 minutes in the oven since it's no-bake. Hmmm...

I'd love to hear some other options. What combos come to mind for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment