Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Rolls


As you all already know, bacon makes everything better. And how fitting that we are putting it with an already breakfast-y treat! I found this recipe a few places on-line. Pretty simple. Just unroll a pre-made cinnamon roll, add a slice of bacon, roll it back up and bake as directed.

HOWEVER...

Pilsbury lied to me. When I opened up the regular roll of cinnamon rolls, they were the biscuit-y ones; hence, nothing to unroll. So I was feeling somewhat despondent. Then genius struck! I wound up wrapping the bacon around the cinnamon roll and things turned out great!

Here are the details:

Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Rolls

1 tube regular cinnamon rolls (8 rolls)
8 strips of bacon

1. Pre-cook bacon in oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees and then degrease it.
2. Separate the rolls out of the can.
3. Wrap a strip of bacon around each roll and secure with a toothpick. (I went through both ends of bacon directly into the roll.)
4. Bake as directed.
5. Cool and frost.

(Other recipes use Grands Cinnamon Rolls, they come 5 to a can, and two strip of bacon per roll.)


I tried adding syrup to the icing that comes with the rolls. I'm not sure it was enough of the maple flavor. If you want maple icing to go with the rolls, I would suggest just adding maple extract to the pre-existing icing that comes with.

These things were AWESOME. And super easy to make.

Be sure to remove the toothpicks before feeding these to your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment