Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't like chocolate chips. If it can be avoided, I don't use them. I think adding chocolate chips to cookies, cakes and brownies detracts from the goodness. That being said, I'm a proponent of white chocolate chips, and I use them as a chocolate chip substitute regularly.

For Christmas, I received two Cake Mix Doctor books, which I have been using frequently. She starts every recipe with a cake mix and goes on from there: cakes, cookies, bars. It's aaaaaaaaaawesooooooooooome!

Today's adventure was chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips in them. I don't think I'm actually allowed to post the recipe, but I can give you the generic info: devil's food cake mix, butter, egg, oil, vanilla, and white chocolate chips. Mix, scoop, bake. Voila: Cookies.


Tasting team says they are pretty alright, especially right out of the oven. If you like softer cookies, using a cake mix is one way to go about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment